For free access and download of hundreds of islamic ebooks on all topics including Quran, Tafseer, Hadith, Holy Prophet (saw) and Imams(a.s.), following websites are recommended. Here you will find works of eminent scholars including Sheikh Sudooq, Sheikh Mufid, Sheikh Abbas Qummi, Ayt Tabatabai, Ayt Jaffer Subhani, Seyyid Musavi Lari, Morteza Motahhari and Syed Baqir Majlisi:
Books & Articles
- Nahjul Balagaha – an uparalled book of sermons & letters by Imam Ali(as)
- Sahifa Alavia – A beautiful collection of supplications by Imam Ali(as)
- Ghadeer – Official appointment by the Prophet(as) as his successor
- Two Miraculous sermons by Imam Ali (as)-Sermon without using any alphabets with dots ي ث خ ت ن ظ ف خ ج & A sermon w/o Alif
- Evidence of Imam’s Miraculous birth inside the Kaaba
- Photos of Rukn Yamani
- Imam Ali’s (as) role in each battle
- Examples of Imam Ali’s (as) Moral virtues
- Imam Ali (as) – Western views
- Imam Ali (as) & Ahlulbayt in the Quran
The popular website Duas.org contains a vast selection of the treasures of beautiful supplications as taught by the Holy Prophet (saws) & his Pure Progeny, Ahlulbayt(as).
For complete list please refer to the Index page
For ebooks relating to merits of supplicating, head to this link: http://www.duas.org/articlesbooks.htm
Priceless Gems from the Ocean of Duas
1. In Praise of God :
2. Blessings upon Prophet(saws)
3. Blessings on Bearers of throne & angels
4. Blessings on Followers & Attestors to Prophets
5. Prayer for People under guardianship
6. His Supplication for Morning & Evening
7. When faced with Worrisome Task
8. Seeking Refuge from Hateful things
9. In Yearning to Ask Forgiveness
10. Seeking Asylum with God.
11. Seeking Good Outcomes
12.His Supplication in Confession and in Seeking Repentance toward God
13. In Seeking Needs
14. When Hostility was shown to him
15. His supplication when sick
16. In Asking Release from sins and Seeking Pardon
17. When he Mentioned Satan and Sought Refuge from him
18. When Perils were repelled or Requests quickly granted
19. His Supplication in Asking for Water during a Drought
20. Makaeremul Akhlaq- Noble Traits
20. Makarem Akhlaq(alternate)
21.When Something made him Sorrowful :
22. His Supplication in Hardship, Effort, and Difficult Affairs
23. When he Asked God for Well-Being
24. His Prayer for Parents
25. His Supplication for his Children
26. His Supplication for Neighbours and Friends
27. His Supplication for People of Frontiers
28. His Supplication in Fleeing to God for Protection
29. His Supplication when his Provision was Stinted
30. His Supplication for help in repaying debts
31. In mentioning and asking for Repentance
31. Tauba(Repentance) alternate
32. His Supplication in the Night Prayer
33. His Supplication in Asking for the Best
34. When he was afflicted or saw someone afflicted with the Disgrace of Sin
35. In Satisfaction when he Looked upon the Companions of this world
36. When he saw Clouds and Lightening and heard the Thunder
37. His supplication in giving Thanks
38. His supplication in asking Pardon
39. His supplication in seeking Pardon & Mercy
40. When he remembered Death
41. His Supplication in Asking for Covering and Protection
42. Upon Completing a Reading of the Qur’an
43. When he Looked at the New Crescent Moon
44. For the Coming of the Month of Ramadan
45. Farewell to the Month of Ramadan
46. On the Day of Fast-Breaking and on Friday
47. His Supplication On the Day of Arafah
48. His Supplication On the Day of Sacrifice and Friday
49. Repelling the trickery of enemies
50. His Supplication in Fear
51. In Pleading and Abasement
52. His Supplication in Imploring God
53. Abasing himself before God
54. Removal of Worries
5 Pearls for Inner Peace
To whet appetites, here are just 5 appetisers from one of the hundreds of mouth watering, soul nourishing, dishes gifted by the one whom friends and foes refer to as the Ornament of the Worshippers. Savour, act upon and be uplifted by these amazing recipes from Imam Zaynul Abedin’s (a.s.) famous dua Makarim al Akhlaq (Du`a # 20 in Sahifa ).
1. We are sdvised to pray for things that matter: strong faith (yaqeen), pure intention, best deeds:
“ O’Allah, bless Muhammad and his Household. Cause my faith to reach the most perfect faith, make my certainty the most excellent certainty, and take my intention to the best of intentions and my works to the best of works!”
2. Do not nullify your rewards through self-conceit:
“ O’Allah, make me worship Thee and corrupt not my worship with self-admiration! Let good flow out from my hands upon the people and efface it not by my making them feel obliged! Give me the highest moral traits and preserve me from vainglory!”
3. Long life at all costs? Better to die than serve shaitan:
“ O’Allah, let me live as long as my life is a free gift in obeying Thee, but if my life should become a pasture for Satan, seize me to Thyself before Thy hatred overtakes me or Thy wrath against me becomes firm!”
4. Pray for adornments and ornaments of a different kind:
“ O’Allah, adorn me with the adornment of the righteous, and clothe me in the ornaments of the god-fearing, through: .
o spreading justice, restraining rage,
o quenching the flame of hate, bringing together the people of separation,
o correcting discord, spreading about good behaviour,
o covering faults, mildness of temper, lowering the wing,
o beauty of conduct, gravity of bearing,
o agreeableness in comportment, precedence in reaching excellence,
o preferring bounteousness, refraining from condemnation,
o bestowing bounty on the undeserving,
o speaking the truth, though it be painful!”
o making little of the good in my words and deeds, though it be much,
o and making much of the evil in my words and deeds,though it be little!
5. Pray for good in both worlds:
“ O’Allah, incite me to remember Thee in times of heedlessness, employ me in Thy obedience in days of disregard, open a smooth road for me to Thy love, and complete for me thereby the good of this world and the next!”
Has the time not come to come together and raise our hands in prayer to be brought out of darkness into light?
15 Munajat (Whispered Prayers)
1. Munajaat Taebeen (Repenters)
2. Munajaat Shakeen(Complainers)
3. Munajaat Khaifeen( Fearful)
4. Munajaat Rajeen(Hopeful)
5. Munajaat Raghibeen(Beseechers)
6. Munajaat Shakireen(Thankful)
7. Munajaat Mutieen(Obedient)
8. Munajaat Murideen(Devotees)
9. Munajaat Muhibeen(Lovers)
10. Munajaat Mutawassileen(seeking mediation)
11. Munajaat Muftaqireen(Utterly Poor)
12. Munajaat ‘Arifeen(Knowers)
13. Munajaat Dhakireen(Rememberers)
14. Munajaat M’utasimeen( Who hold fast)
15. Munajaat Zahideen(Abstainers)
Book of Advice
Extract: Seek the main missing one!
If we look into our hearts, we find that all of us have a missing one that we are searching for. Since we do not analyse in depth as to who it is that we miss, we look for it in everything and in every place.
At times one thinks that it is wealth and property, and that once he finds it, he will be the happiest man around. However, when he acquires this wealth, he soon realizes that the fearsome eyes of the greedy, glib tongues of the flatterers, vicious snares of the thieves, and biting words of the jealous are lying in wait for him. Looking after wealth can often be more difficult than acquiring it and cause much bigger worries and anxiety! So, the realisation dawns that an error was made, that wealth is not the missing one that his heart yearns!
Others may think that if they had a beautiful and wealthy spouse, life will be a breeze. But when he achieves his goal and comes face to face with the dangers and difficulties of maintaining such a spouse, and the burdens of her high expectations and unusual demands, he finds that his dream was in fact a nightmare!
Then there are those who find the prospect of fame and high position much more enchanting. But in reality these translate into much greater burdens and tribulations including the accountability before God and men when one presides over the affairs of many.
The late Grand Ayatollah Boroujerdi, who had reached the position of the highest religious authority and power in the Shiite world and among the clergy of his time, had this to say when faced with the troubles of fame and rank: “If someone is going to achieve a position and rank similar to me, not for God, but for his sensual desire, have no doubt about his utter stupidity”!
That is right. These are nothing but mirages. On achieving them, the thirst inside is not quenched. Instead, one becomes thirstier in the desert of life. As Quran says:
كسراب بقيعه يحسبه الظمآن ماءَ حتي اذا جائه لم يجده شيئاَ
“But the Unbelievers,- their deeds are like a mirage in sandy deserts, which the man parched with thirst mistakes for water; until when he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing..” (Quran, Light, 24:39)
Is it possible that in a creation based on such wisdom, a solution for man’s yearning for that missing one would have been overlooked? Undoubtedly, based on the God’s wisdom, thirst without water is impossible, as water without thirsty is meaningless!
Yes! The man of perception gradually finds that the missing one he has been searching for high and low without success, has always been with him, has embraced him, and is nearer to him than his jugular vein:
و نحن اقرب اليه من حبل الوريد
We are nearer to him than the jugular vein. (Quran, Qaf, 50:16)
Yes! Man’s real missing one is everywhere, always with him, but the veils do not let him see it. Man’s preoccupation with the mundane and pursuit of the material needs and desires hinders him from searching in the right places.
Yes my dear! The missing one is with you. Try to remove the veils to see His beauty and love, and make your soul and spirit quench the thirst at His door. Here you will savour the real tranquility and peace and find the hosts of the heavens at your service! Your real missing one is the same being who created you.
The entire world of being is a beam of His existence:
هو الذي انزل السكينه في قلوب المؤمنين ليزدادوا ايماناَ مع ايمانهم و لله جنود السموات و الأرض و كان الله عليماَ حكيماَ.
“ It is He Who sent down tranquillity into the hearts of the Believers, that they may add faith to their faith;- for to Allah belong the Forces of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom” (Quran, Victory, 48:4)