Daily Quran Verse
6:116] And if you obey most of those in the earth, they will lead you astray from Allah’s way; they follow but conjecture and they only lie.
The Prophet (s) said, “Ali (a) holds a right over this nation like the right of a father over his son.” Muslim, 2/361; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Hakim, 3/130; Musnad Ahmad, 3/198; Al-Nisa’i, 7; Asad Al-Ghaba, 3/40.
Sayings of Imam Ali (a)
Death is never very far.
Allahumma Arzuqna Taufiqa -as taught by Imam Mahdi (atfs):
· Grant us the good fortune of being obedient [to You], and keep us away from disobedience.
· Let us be sincere in our intentions;
· Provide us with the knowledge of what is sacred.
· Honor us with guidance and honesty, and direct our tongues to what is right and wise;
· fill our hearts with learning and knowledge, and cleanse our stomachs from what is forbidden and of doubt.
· Prevent our hands from committing oppression and theft, lower our gaze [out of modesty] from immorality and disloyalty, and
block our ears from hearing foolish talk and slander.
· Oblige our learned scholars with piety and sincere advice, and those who are learning with restrain and desire to learn.
· Bless those who are with desire to follow the religious teachings,
· impart recovery and comfort to the Muslims suffering from illness and bless those dead among them with kindness and mercy.
· Award dignity and peace of mind to old people,
· Confer repentance and turning away from sin to our young people,
· Bestow modesty and chastity to our women.
· Supply the rich with humility and abundance; and the poor with patience and contentment.
· Let those fighting in Your way be victorious, and the imprisoned be freed.
· Let the rulers be just and kind and the ruled receive just treatment and good character;
· Bless those who are on pilgrimage with adequate support, and helping them complete what is obligatory on them
With Your Grace and Kindness , O Most Kind!
Quotes on Imam Hussain a.s.
Edward Gibbon: (English historian and member of parliament): “In a distant age and climate, the tragic scene of the death of Hosein will awaken the sympathy of the coldest reader.” (The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, London, 1911, volume 5, p. 391-392)
Duas & Ziarat
Aamaals for the Month
To whet appetites, here are just 5 appetisers from one of the hundreds of mouth watering, soul nourishing, dishes gifted by the one whom friends and foes refer to as the Ornament of the Worshippers. Savour, act upon and be uplifted by these amazing recipes from Imam Zaynul Abedin’s (a.s.) famous dua Makarim al Akhlaq (Du`a # 20 in Sahifa ).
1. We are sdvised to pray for things that matter: strong faith (yaqeen), pure intention, best deeds:
“ O’Allah, bless Muhammad and his Household. Cause my faith to reach the most perfect faith, make my certainty the most excellent certainty, and take my intention to the best of intentions and my works to the best of works!”
2. Do not nullify your rewards through self-conceit:
“ O’Allah, make me worship Thee and corrupt not my worship with self-admiration! Let good flow out from my hands upon the people and efface it not by my making them feel obliged! Give me the highest moral traits and preserve me from vainglory!”
3. Long life at all costs? Better to die than serve shaitan:
“ O’Allah, let me live as long as my life is a free gift in obeying Thee, but if my life should become a pasture for Satan, seize me to Thyself before Thy hatred overtakes me or Thy wrath against me becomes firm!”
4. Pray for adornments and ornaments of a different kind:
“ O’Allah, adorn me with the adornment of the righteous, and clothe me in the ornaments of the god-fearing, through:
o spreading justice, restraining rage,
o quenching the flame of hate, bringing together the people of separation,
o correcting discord, spreading about good behaviour,
o covering faults, mildness of temper, lowering the wing,
o beauty of conduct, gravity of bearing,
o agreeableness in comportment, precedence in reaching excellence,
o preferring bounteousness, refraining from condemnation,
o bestowing bounty on the undeserving,
o speaking the truth, though it be painful!”
o making little of the good in my words and deeds, though it be much,
o and making much of the evil in my words and deeds,though it be little!
5. Pray for good in both worlds:
“ O’Allah, incite me to remember Thee in times of heedlessness, employ me in Thy obedience in days of disregard, open a smooth road for me to Thy love, and complete for me thereby the good of this world and the next!”
Has the time not come to come together and raise our hands in prayer to be brought out of darkness into light?